Informasi Funding Program The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
The BMBF is providing funds for German universities and German research institutions to develop research presences in cooperation with leading research institutions in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam in areas of common strategic significance:
- Health research and medical technology,
- Sustainable cities,
- Renewable energies and energy efficiency,
- Environmental technologies and hydrotechnologies.
The research presences to be established in a partner country can e.g. be joint research groups, laboratories, testing institutions, communication platforms, research stations, trial facilities or cooperation networks. These new presences should be based on existing contacts and projects.
Funding relates to staff costs for project coordination, staff exchange and event-related spending/costs in the context of networking and targeting measures. The goals of the measures being planned are:
- to develop and/or expand long-term research presences with leading research institutions in the target countries,
- to establish a sustainable and visible German presence in the partner country,
- to improve awareness of Germany’s scientific excellence in the partner country,
- joint contribution to strengthening the innovation systems in Germany and the partner country for mutual benefits,
- to increase knowledge of the state of research in the respective partner country and the general conditions that apply
- to internationalise research in Germany.
The draft project must be submitted by the German applicant. In order to receive funding to prepare joint research presences, the cooperation partners must generally agree on their planned cooperation and must be in line for complementary funding for the Asian-Pacific partner from a fundinginstitution in the partner country. This German funding is not intended to finance foreign partners based on the resources of this funding measure. Acooperation agreement/ Letter of Intent must be added to the application. We would appreciate your support in disseminating the information on this funding measure to potential partners in Indonesia.