Research Incentive Program (SINas)
Research Incentives on National Innovation System (Incentives Research SINas) is one of the Ministry of Research policies instrument, technology, and higher education that developed by considering the need for optimization of litbang resources and synergy improvement, and strengthen the capacity of Iptek on lemlitbang and industry. Incentives Research SINas in the form of research funding scheme is intended to overcome the problems of the main issue in related to the strengthening of National Innovation System (SINas), especially to encourage synergy between research institution, improve the productivity of research and development, and encourage the utilization of national litbang resources.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims of incentives research SINas is to support the strengthening of National Innovation system (SINas) through the increased of three synergies, productivity, and national litbang resource utilization. The objectives to be achieved is increasing productivity and utilization of litbang national results. In order to fulfill above aims and objectives, incentives research SINas is being done by grouping the funding into 2 (two) schemes, namely funding for Basic Research and funding for applied research.
- Basic Research (RD)
Basic research is theoretical research and or experimental in order to understand the problem and obtain the new knowledge about the basic principles from phenomenon or the fact that observed. The purpose of Basic Research is to pursue mastery of Iptek (state of the art) and produce qualified new discoveries or new breakthrough.
Basic Research criteria:
- Research in the form of new critical development ideas in the scientific fields;
- Research contributes to the renewal and/ or development, verification of theory five and new concepts, also new methods in the scientific field;
- Research which provides academic benefit toward the development theory and the latest in scientific studies in accordance with the state of the arts in the particular field of science that supports topics to be
Basic Research output:
- The output of Basic Research is a scientific paper published in the journal of National Accredited patent, PVT (according to six regimes of HKI). The Scientific publication contains the theoretical construction and methodological in a form of new theory, a new concept or new methods.
Elements of the assessment:
- Offers new ideas both in theoretical and methodological in redefining tendencies on field of science development critically which support the offered topic;
- Hold a clear and strong conceptual structure;
- Fulfill scientific requirements in a formulation of the problem and its solution method.
- Applied Research (RT)
Applied research is research that integrates technology systematically from the results of basic research. The aim is to improve the ability of technology integration, specifically in applying the results of basic research in becoming proven technology.
Applied research is dedicated to research activities/engineering which the results are commercial value prospect toward mass production stage (industry).
Applied research criteria:
· Research that leads to actual technological problems;
· Provides the improvement of added value (added value);
· There is an element of integration among disciplines which complement each other.
Applied Research output:
- The output of Applied Research includes product technologies document / process, prototype, scientific publication in a nationally accredited journal and international accredited journals, patent, PVT (according to six regimes of HKI).
Elements of the assessment:
- The originality and creativity in solving the problems;
- The existence of added value from the technology of product/process;
- The existence of technology integration capabilities in implementing the results of basic research in becoming proven technology;
- The existence of impact on results of research toward the ability and development institutions, human resources and selected field.