Directorate General of Higher Education (Ditjen DIKTI) through the Directorate of Research and community services (Ditlitabmas) is continually striving to pack a research program and community services simultaneously and sustainable in accordance with the development of Ipteks-social culture and the needs of development. Reformulation of the various research program is as a response to researchers interest and stakeholders, as well as response to the progress of Ipteks itself.
Aware of the importance of research role in higher education institute, Ditjen DIKTI needs to promote the establishment of national and regional innovation system which may provide the answer to a various of regional, national and global problems. In accordance with its capacity and guided by national interests, Ditjen DIKTI is developing national leading centers by using the expertise, which is derived from many universities with a particular focus, either sector based, commodities, as well as national strategic issues by involving various disciplines. The strategy carried out by Ditjen DIKTI is to provide a broader authority in the management of research at universities through decentralization program Research, while for other issues on national strategic concern is accommodated through National Competitive Research Grants Program.
National competitive research grants program includes:
- The National Strategic leading research (PUSNAS);
- The Leading Research Universities and Industry (RAPID);
- The Research of Foreign Cooperation and International Publications (KLN);
- The Competency Research (HIKOM);
- The National Strategic Research (STRANAS);
- The Research on Extension and Acceleration of Indonesia Masterplan Economic Development (MP3EI);
- The Development of Research IPTEKS;
- The Magisterial Program on Doctorate for Excellent Scholars (PMDSU)
- The Fundamental Research (PF);
- The Graduate Team Research (PPS); and
- The Doctoral Dissertation Research (PDD).