The Research Partnership Program and Development of National Agriculture (KKP3N)
KKP3N program is a research cooperation between the Agency for Agricultural Research and development (litbang) with Higher Education and other legal entity National Research Institutions (LPK, LPNK, State-owned company/private) in Indonesia which has competencies in the field of agricultural research with followings determination:
- The research team consists of 3 (three) up to 5 (five) researchers and comes from 3 (three) different institutions.
- Responsible person of research team may come from higher education institution / National Research institutions or from the Agency for Agricultural research and development (litbang) with following provisions:
Responsible person from higher education institution / National Research institutions
- Higher Education institution or National Research institutions who submit proposals must have competency in the field of agriculture.
- Responsible person with a doctoral degree or with minimum functional level Lektor Kepala with a master degree at Higher Education Institution, and minimum functional level Madya or equivalent to a Master degree for national research institutions.
- Research team consists of at least 1 (one) researcher from Agency for Agricultural research and development (litbang) with active functional position by at least 1 (one) person from institutions outside the responsible person’s institution with minimum degree magister level for higher education institution and at least young researchers or equivalent to national research institutions.
Responsible person from Agency for Agricultural research and development (litbang):
- The responsible person for research with minimum functional level Peneliti Madya or researcher with a doctoral active functional degree.
- Research team members consist of at least 2 (two) people from the higher education institution or national research institutions from different institutions with minimum master functional level for higher education institution and, at least, young researchers or equivalent to national research institutions.
- The Research team can be assisted by technicians and or students to help smooth the implementation of research, however, the home university is not counted in order to meet the requirements for the item (1) one as above-mentioned.
- The Responsible person for research only can be involved in 1 (one) research title KKP3N within the same year. As for team members can be involved in a maximum of 2 (two) titles of KKP3N research activities within the same year.
- Field of the subject of a responsible person and members of the research team must be appropriate/support the proposed research activities.
- Build and strengthen the partnership network between UK/unit scope of Agency for Agricultural research and development (litbang) with higher education institution and other national research institutions;
- Produce advanced technologies of agriculture through the utilization of national agricultural research resources synergistically;
- Contribute to the progress of national science and technology.
- Establishment of firm partnership network between UK/unit scope of Agency for Agricultural research and development (litbang) with higher education institution and other national research institutions;
- Innovated product with intellectual property rights in the form of technology varieties, prototype, formula, model, system and relevant policy recommendations which are appropriate to the needs on the field.
- Scientific paper, which is potentially published on accredited national journals or international journals.
- Results Technology (invention) from Litbang which has been taken from KKP3N scheme is expected to complete technology innovations from in-house research activities UK/unit scope of Agency for Agricultural research and development (litbang) in order to answer the real needs of technology on the field and accelerate the achievement of national agricultural development strategic programs.
THE PRIORITY AREAS
Research activities that can be funded from KKP3N scheme are the research with an expected result to support the acceleration of main program achievement by Ministry of Agriculture Ministry and becoming a trendsetter for future agriculture innovation. In regard to maximizing those supports, this research cooperation program focused on four priority areas, namely: (1) Food stability, (2) Bio-energy, (3) Bio-industry, and (4) Bio-safety and chemical agricultural land.
Food stability as one of the main issues which have two national important aspects of food availability and the ability of a person to access them. In the case of food availability, food production became a key factor and the efforts to increase food production should be continued in line with the increasing of demand as a result of the population growth every year. However, there are some problems with the attempt which may affect food production, we need to anticipate climate change, decreased productive agricultural lands as a result of land conversion in the name of interests of others, as well as low efficiency production.
High dependency on rice. To solve the problem, some research topic can be done and developed as an alternative solution, such as; research and adaptation on technology development also climate change mitigation, the use of sub-optimal land and restoration of fertility/ remediation of degraded lands/pollution, technology supports the increasing of production efficiency, pre-breeding and or assembly of varieties of plants based on biotechnology for tolerance toward the stresses of abiotic and biotic on sub-optimal land, increasing of cattle productivity, also product diversification and new food sources.
The field of bio-energy is mainly intended to take a benefit of agricultural products or agricultural waste as basic material to produce renewable energy sources in replacing or as a complement source of fossil energy. Some of the research topics and relevant development for those above-mentioned purposes are mechanisms technology to develop efficient and friendly bio-energy for the environment, the development of food and non-food bio-energy-based, the development of bioenergy from agricultural raw waste materials (the second generation of renewable energy source development).
Bioindustry fields which are related to agriculture is an effort to produce a variety of healthy food and high added value products from biodiversity agriculture resources. Therefore, research topic which can be done in supporting the effort of bio-industry development were; improvement of added value and agricultural commodities competitiveness as well as production of industrial raw material and new products.
Bio-safety and chemical agricultural land are one of the important fields of agricultural activities, for example, the pollution which occurs on agricultural land due to the use of chemicals in agricultural activities or other human activities. For the purpose, research activities related to remediation of agricultural environment and weeds control, pests and friendly environment plant diseases become necessary to be done, including radioactive technology application to find the source of water for irrigation.