Community Services Program (DGHE)
Higher education universities are obliged to organize research and community services besides implementing education as regulated by Act Number 20 the year 2003 on the National Education System Article 20. In line with the obligations of Law Number 12 the year 2012 about Higher Education Article 45 about Higher Institution, which is defined that research in universities is directed to develop science and technology and increase the welfare of the society as well as the competitiveness of nations. In the act of law, it is clearly asserted that the community services are the activities of academic members in terms of practicing and cultivating science and technology to carry on the public welfare and enrich the life of a nation.
Purpose of Community Services at Higher Education Institution are:
- Create technology innovations to encourage the development of Indonesian economy by performing the commercialization of research results;
- Provide solutions based on the needs of academic study, challenges, or problems faced by the community, either directly or indirectly;
- Perform activities that are able to alleviate the marginalized community (preferential option for the poor) at all levels, namely society that would be eliminated by the economy, political, social and culture; and
- Perform technology transfer, knowledge and arts towards community for the development of human dignity and the preservation of natural resources.
Ditlitabmas DIKTI is managing grants for community services that consist of seven schemes, namely:
- Ipteks for Society (IbM);
- Ipteks for Entrepreneurship (IbK);
- Ipteks Export products (IbPE);
- Ipteks for Campus Creativity Innovation Campus (IbIKK);
- Ipteks for Region (IbW);
- Ipteks for region between Ipteks Higher Education Institution (PT) -CSR or PT-Local Government-CSR (IbWPT); and
- Hi-Link grants.